The Gardens Memory Care
The Gardens is an intimate, secure house on the Marla Vista campus in Payson for those who have cognitive or memory challenges. All residents benefit from individual Growth & Wellness Plans that are tailored to their specific needs and interests.
Contact us to learn more about our memory care support programming for families.
Memory care, sometimes referred to as Alzheimer’s care, is typically an assisted living or residential care setting that is designed specifically to care for those with Alzheimer’s or other dementias. Any type of dementia (and there are over 70 known types) requires special care and understanding from the caregiver.
Memory Care settings may provide physical and emotional relief as well as peace of mind for families with a memory-challenged relative. Memory care team members undergo dementia-specific training when learning how to provide assistance services.
Marla Vista is a unique and inclusive living environment. All elders live together–interacting and supporting one another. This prevents isolation of memory care residents and encourages meaningful interactions. Elders without cognitive impairments are invited to participate or even lead memory care programming–giving them a sense of purpose.
Programming includes Validation Therapy to maintain self-esteem, and to attend to the basic human needs of each individual. In addition, special attention is paid to nutrition, physical, social, and cognitive stimulation. Our Music Makes Memories program stimulates the limbic brain, and helps each person maintain a sense of self and purpose. Our Tiny Stories project allows us to record the stories we hear each day and capture them in audio recordings. The legacy of each person is maintained. Our goal is to help each individual be the best they can be despite cognitive decline while slowing the progression of impairments.
Schedule a visit to experience the community for yourself!
Memory Care Benefits
Benefits of our Payson memory care include:
- Secured house and grounds with keypad entry to minimize risk of wandering.
- Lovely outdoor areas to walk and sit.
- Person-centered, elder-directed programming including validation and The Eden Alternative®.
- Regular relationship building and personal one-on-one and group interaction as part of programs to engage the memory-challenged individual in daily life - minimizing withdrawal and encouraging engagement.
- Diet and exercise support and encouragement.
- Elder well-being monitoring and communication with family and health care providers.
- Education for families and support so you can be in relationship with your loved one and focus on spending quality and joyful times with the individual over the daily caring for their basic needs.
Please stop by and experience the warmth of The Gardens at Marla Vista for yourself!