Tailored For You, When You Need It
What is assisted living? Assisted living, was originally created in the 1980’s as a less expensive, more home-like alternative to the traditional nursing home.
Although regulations vary from state to state, assisted living provides a wide array of services designed to keep an elder as independent as possible, for as long as possible. In most cases, assisted living helps seniors stay more active, social, and engaged in life than they otherwise would be living alone. Not to mention the added security of 24-hour staff, assistance with medications, and communication between healthcare providers.
Benefits of Sun Oak assisted living include:
- Tailoring of services to the individual needs of the elder
- Maintenance of an elder’s lifestyle and connection to the Greater community (assistance with transportation, shopping, recreation, and volunteerism are just a few examples)
- Programs designed to keep an elder active and engaged in life and their surroundings
- Affordable alternative to the high-cost of in-home care and nursing homes
- Extended ‘family’ to care and watch out for the elder’s safety and well-being
- Regular communication with long-distance family members
- Help prevent major disasters that sometimes happen when elders live alone
- Monitoring of health and general well-being changes
Assisted living is designed for assistance only when you need it. Level of care services are based on your care needs for things such as:
- Medication assistance
- Assistance with dressing
- Continence care
- Assistance with mobility
- And more!
A growth and wellness plan is created in partnership with you to discuss which services will meet your needs.