Reflections at Garden Place
Reflections at Garden Place provides physical and emotional relief as well as peace of mind for families with a memory-challenged relative. Memory care team members undergo dementia-specific training when learning how to provide person-centered assistance with kindness, empathy, and love.
Reflections at Garden Place is an inclusive living environment where elders are free to walk around and use the entire building, secure courtyard or stroll through the garden. All elders live together in a home-like environment–interacting and supporting one another. This prevents isolation and encourages meaningful interactions. All are invited to participate or even lead activities as they are able giving them a sense of purpose.
Programming includes empathetic communication to maintain self-esteem, and to attend to the basic human needs of each individual. In addition, special attention is paid to nutrition, physical, social, and cognitive stimulation. Our Music Makes Memories™ program stimulates the limbic brain, and helps each person maintain a sense of self and purpose. Our Tiny Stories™ project allows us to record the stories we hear each day and capture them in audio recordings. The legacy of each person is maintained. Our goal is to help each individual be the best they can be despite cognitive decline while slowing the progression of impairments.
Schedule a visit to experience the community itself!
Benefits of Memory Care Include:
- Tailoring of services to the individual needs of the elder
- Maintenance of an elder’s lifestyle and connection to the greater community (assistance with transportation, shopping, recreation, and volunteerism are just a few examples)
- Programs designed to keep an elder active and engaged in life and their surroundings
- Affordable alternative to the high-cost of in-home care and nursing homes
- Extended ‘family’ to care and watch out for the elder’s safety and well-being
- Help prevent major disasters that sometimes happen when elders live alone
- Monitoring of health and general well-being changes
A growth and wellness plan is created in partnership with you to discuss which services will meet your needs.
Adult Day Club at Garden Place
Adult Day Club is an innovative, non-residential program designed to encourage fun and camaraderie with other active seniors. Perhaps you have heard this called “adult day care,” but at Garden Place, we like to think of it as Adult Day Club – a group of active seniors that enjoy conversation, activities, outings, maybe a little exercise, and definitely a few laughs!
Adult Day Club at Garden Place Senior Living includes the following services and amenities:
- 24-hour on-duty, certified attendants
- All meals and snacks
- Scheduled transportation for group outings
- Planned activities and social gatherings
- Access to common areas – including television, craft, exercise, dining and sitting areas
- Assistance in setting and meeting personal goals to remain independent and active
- Medication reminders
Another bonus? The chance to socialize, exercise, receive therapy services and be cared for in a safe and warm environment decreases the risk for premature nursing home placement. If you could use a break from caregiving during the day, please contact us anytime!