We’re getting ready to celebrate National Assisted Living Week – an annual event that takes place during the month of September. Established by the National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL) in 1995, National Assisted Living Week® provides an opportunity for senior living communities (plus their residents, family members, communities, volunteers and staff) to recognize the role that assisted living plays in providing a high quality of life for seniors and individuals with disabilities.
“This month’s theme is Caring Is EssentiAL, which is a philosophy shared by everyone in our community,” says Amanda Randolph, Administrator of Maple Ridge Senior Living, a Compass Senior Living community providing independent living and assisted living. “We understand that the best service comes from truly caring about those we serve, which is why every team member at Maple Ridge Senior Living brings their best each and every day in order to help our residents live their best lives possible.”
Amanda says that compassionate care is the foundation of life at Maple Ridge. “Assisted living was originally created in the 1980’s as a less expensive, more homelike alternative to the traditional nursing home,” she says. “We take it beyond that and provide community amenities that pair a homelike environment with the engaging social interaction of community living.”
Assisted living at Maple Ridge provides a wide variety of services to help senior residents live as independently as possible for as long as possible. “The very best assisted living is developed through understanding and friendships,” Amanda says. “When you or a loved one choose to move into Maple Ridge for our assisted living services, we work with you to create a Growth and Wellness Plan. This plan is designed to provide the services you need in order to stay active, social and engaged, as well as discover your passions, interests, hobbies, history and more. We want to be more than just your care providers … we want to be a caring part of your family.”
Why Caring is EssentiAL
Caring has always been an integral part of assisted living and senior living services, but it’s never been more essential than it is today. With the rise of COVID-19 and the increasing number of seniors requiring assisted living services (both in communities and at home), the services provided by caregivers take on even more importance.
Essential caregivers, as they are known in industry-speak, are tasked with not only helping seniors live independently but also ensuring their safety from the coronavirus. As we continue to move through 2020 and the role of the caregiver grows and evolves, it’s essential for family members, friends and loved ones to show their appreciation at the important work that caregivers do. If you have a caregiver in your life, here are some things you can do to honor them during National Assisted Living Week:
- Use your words. Write a card letting them know just how much they mean to you. Be specific about tasks or details you’ve noticed (specifics can make your words that much more meaningful).
- Give them a break. Everyone needs down time, and caregivers are no different. In fact, down time is even more important for them, because it allows them to be the best caregivers they can be. A gift card to their favorite restaurant, a book or any other item that can allow them to “get away from it all” for a minute will be greatly appreciated.
- Do something for them. This is especially helpful to family caregivers who are juggling the responsibilities of work and family. Are there chores you can take off their plate? Can you offer to run errands, or sit with their loved one while they run errands? The gift of time can be a great boon to a stressed and busy caregiver.
Assisted Living at Maple Ridge Senior Living
When it comes to compassionate care, says Amanda, seniors need look no further than assisted living at Maple Ridge.
“We provide everything that today’s seniors need to live fulfilling lives while receiving the care they need,” says Amanda. “Our community has it all. We are guided by goodness, loyalty, faith and fun, and that’s infused into every aspect, every moment, every day.”
Here are just some of the benefits that assisted living residents receive at Maple Ridge:
- Three meals a day, plus snacks
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Security available around-the-clock
- Assistance with the needs of daily living, including mobility, dressing, grooming, bathing, medication management and more
- Engaging programs and activities to make life fun and exciting
- Transportation services to activities and locations in nearby Ashland (and other areas as needed)
- Growth and Wellness Plans tailored to each individual’s needs
- Compassionate care from a staff who comes to know you as a person, not a number
“While National Assisted Living Week is a chance for us to highlight and celebrate the services and care we provide, it’s important to note that every week is a week for us to provide the best possible care for those we serve,” Amanda says. “If you or your loved one have been considering assisted living, we’d love to have you visit our inspiring, fun, and uplifting community in Ashland, OR.”
Guided by Goodness, Loyalty, Faith, and Fun.
Maple Ridge Senior Living is a place of vibrancy and life – promoting meaning and joy in the lives of residents, families, and our team members. Elders inspire us, motivate us, guide, and direct us. As we work to create an empowering, caring, growing culture for elders, we are also creating our own future. After all, we are all elders-in-waiting!
Offering independent living, assisted living and short-term stays, Maple Ridge Senior Living is nestled at the convergence of the Cascade and the Siskiyou Mountain Ranges in Southern Oregon. Our spacious and bright building boasts beautiful valley views surrounded by nature and wildlife while still conveniently close to the center of town. Walk or take a short ride to Lithia Park, the Shakespeare Festival Theatres or Ashland’s downtown plaza for shopping, art galleries, dining and entertainment.
We invite you to schedule a tour and learn more about the services, amenities, care and lifestyle available at Maple Ridge Senior Living. Please call us at 541-238-2070 to schedule your personal tour today.