Lassen House Senior Living
Sunnyside at Lassen House is a specially designed neighborhood to serve the unique needs of individuals living with Alzheimer's disease, dementia and other forms of memory loss.
Every day we make it a goal to go above and beyond to enrich the lives of our residents. With a person-centered elder-directed model inspired by the Eden Alternative, Teepa Snow, and Naomi Feil, we create an empathetic, inclusive and kind environment that affords each individual maximum self-expression. Our care teams and our nurses are committed to delivering extraordinary care that meets the resident's physical, cognitive, social, spiritual and emotional needs.
Our talented and dedicated care team is there when you need them. It can be different…let us show you how. Our team members are educated in dementia-specific training. Using empathetic communication and validation techniques, they support each person as an individual – whole and capable of love, laughter and engagement in a meaningful and worthwhile way.
Sunnyside at Lassen House has a family-like atmosphere where it is particularly important to maintain connections with one another, families, and to their own identity.
Memory Care Benefits
Benefits of a Red Bluff, California community-based memory care setting include:
- Empathetic communication approaches to maintain self-esteem, and to attend to the basic human needs of each individual.
- Special attention is paid to nutrition, physical, social, and cognitive stimulation.
- The Circle of Friends(™) includes music, conversation, movement, and food. This ritual gives a sense of family and validation.
- Music Makes Memories(™) program stimulates the limbic brain, and helps each person maintain a sense of self and purpose and well-being.
- Tiny Stories™ allows us to record the stories we hear each day and capture them in audio recordings. The legacy of each person is maintained.
- #Gen2000(™) is an intergenerational program where teens and care team members facilitate a connection with family and memories through technology.
For more detail on our programming, see our True North Programs.
Schedule a visit to experience the community itself!