Woodland Palms Memory Care
Memory care, sometimes referred to as Alzheimer’s care, is typically a residential care setting that is designed specifically to care for those with Alzheimer’s or other dementias. Any type of dementia (and there are over 70 known types) requires special care and understanding from the caregiver.
Memory Care settings may provide physical and emotional relief as well as peace of mind for families with a memory-challenged relative. Memory care team members undergo dementia-specific training when learning how to provide assistance services.
Woodland Palms is a unique and inclusive living environment. All elders live together–interacting and supporting one another. This prevents isolation of memory care residents and encourages meaningful interactions.
Programming includes Validation Therapy to maintain self-esteem, and to attend to the basic human needs of each individual. In addition, special attention is paid to nutrition, physical, social, and cognitive stimulation. Our Music Makes Memories™ program stimulates the limbic brain, and helps each person maintain a sense of self and purpose. Our Tiny Stories™ project allows us to record the stories we hear each day and capture them in audio recordings. The legacy of each person is maintained. Our goal is to help each individual be the best they can be despite cognitive decline while slowing the progression of impairments.
Schedule a visit to experience the community for yourself!
Memory Care Benefits
Benefits of a Tucson, Arizona community-based memory care setting include:
- Secured entry to minimize the risk of wandering
- Regular human interaction and programs to engage the memory-challenged individual in daily life, minimizing withdrawal
- Nutrition, exercise, social stimulation, and support
- Elder well-being monitoring and communication with family and health care providers
- Freedom from caring for a loved one’s daily needs, so families can focus on spending quality and joyful times together
Contact us to learn more.