We want to take a moment to thank our team members for their selfless dedication to our residents, families, and one another. Every day they show each other grace and kindness as we all embrace our values – guided by goodness, loyalty, faith, and fun. Our teams meet each challenge and continue to inspire us with their perseverance.
We understand that family is incredibly important, and we want to make sure those connections continue. We can help facilitate family-resident connections through phone calls, texts, emails, videoconferencing such as Zoom™ or Facetime™. We encourage indoor and outdoor visits and screen all visitors to ensure they are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or other illnesses. Thank you for helping us help one another stay healthy—it is greatly appreciated.
Taking Care of One Another
Currently, we have no cases of COVID-19 in our community. We are committed to keeping you informed on our precautions to ensure residents and team members are cared for in a safe and healthy environment. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has recommendations and prevention protocols that we have implemented to help reduce the potential of this virus entering our community. We follow the protocol and guidance given by the State of Wyoming and will continue to stay informed of any changes.
In addition, we are:
- Administering monthly precautionary testing of team members, based on recommendations from our local public health department and regulatory agency (if applicable).
- In close contact with the local and state health department and are following their guidance.
- Posting signs on our entryway doors to notify visitors that we continue to take precautions to keep COVID-19 out of our communities.
- Continually re-educating our team members on best infection control practices in managing daily tasks throughout our community – i.e., handwashing, increasing the frequency of disinfecting all surfaces, tools and utensils, with particular attention on high-touch surfaces such as handrails.
- Screening team members daily, upon arrival for work for COVID-19 symptoms and directing any affected individual to stay home.
- Keeping signage current regarding infection control protocol throughout the community.
- Monitoring of each resident's health status. We take temperature once daily.
- Working with healthcare partners and providers to address unique care needs and monitoring.
- Delivering some meals to resident rooms for those that choose that option. Serving meals in our dining room following infection control standards.
- Allowing small group activities and outings.
- Providing regular updates to residents and families.
We believe in the health and wellness benefits of living in community; socially, physically, and emotionally. We are accepting new residents. It would be our pleasure to invite you in for a tour and an in-person evaluation for anyone interested in joining our community. We are here to support any future resident with their needs and desires and will conduct all necessary screening to protect our current and future residents’ health and well-being. Contact us to schedule your virtual tour.